Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006





CU Later!
I was honored to be in the presence of about 90 of my favorite peeps from the CU-Boulder community at my going away party Monday, July 24. It was quite overwhelming and memorable all at the same time. I cannot describe how much I will miss CU and all of the individuals I have worked with over the last 10 years. As I reflect back on some of the events I have been involved with over the years, there are a bunch that stand out...Dave Matthews Band at Folsom, Spike Lee, BB King, Rudy Guiliani, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Michael Moore, Hanan Ashwari and the largest Poetry Slam in Colorado. One of the most challenging, yet rewarding programs that I have been intimately involved with is the CU GOLD leadership program. It was a bumpy 4 years in the works and now it just continues to grow and spit out amazing student leaders.

HOLLA...goes out to all of my students! It was "tight" to see your "mad" heeping plates of coconut shrimp & chicken satay at my party and of course your big smiles and well wishes. I love working with my "superfly" students and will miss you all dearly!! Stay in touch & go make a difference in this world, "aiight".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leasa,

Best wishes on your journey! We will miss you!! TJ