Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sushi in Portugal!

Welcome to SUSHI night at the the HEEM (the acronym of my master's program) flat...as it has been passed down from HEEM generation to HEEM generation. Martina from Serbia, was one of the HEEM students who lived here last year and when we moved in our dates overlapped with her moving out. And so, she treated us to a night of homemade sushi which, much to my delight, has become a regular, bona fide dinner in our flat. It's amazing how easy, fun & tasty sushi can be, and the best part is that you can get demiurgic with the ingredients. I would highly recommend that you add a special feature..."who can scream the loudest as the wasabi permeates their inner membranes contest." Fun times, I'm telling you! In addition to wasabi burning, our resident Brazilian, Ali, has now become a sushi lover (she has 10 seaweed packages that she is bringing home for the holidays...now if that isn't love, I'm not sure what is...)

1 comment:

bnsweimer@gmail said...

Sushi is definitely for the seafood lover. I guess people acquire a taste for it. You go girl!!!! Please pass the chicken or beef.