I needed an excuse to take a break from my thesis and travel. The academics of travel...find a conference to attend! And, that is exactly what I did. The Council of Europe was hosting a seminar in Strasbourg on 'Intercultural Dialogue in Higher Education' which is of great interest to me with my prior experience as a facilitator and mediator. 
After a few days in Paris, I jumped on a train and had the great fortune of sitting next to my new-found personal tour guide; a young, outgoing French women who was starting her career in tourism. She was h
appy to practice her English with me and share Strasbourg travel tips, including the succulent entree, frog legs "that taste like chicken". She escorted me to my hotel (Hotel Gutenburg) and we parted with the traditional French greeting (2 kisses to the air). I have to say these interactions with the locals (and my Nikon camera) is why I love traveling solo, you just meet so many more people!No
w, this little village is what Euro dreams are made of...sitting on the French/German border, Strasbourg is a Bavarian-influenced gem. It has been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site for good reason. It's a small, walking-friendly village with a petite french quarter by the water, a Gothic looking cathedral of Notre-Dame, and enough European insitutions to give it a "European Capital" distinction. If the eye-candy isn't enough to w
et your appetite try the delicious and traditional flambé tart, a thin crust with creme, onions, and bacon. After the conference, I met up with a former HEEM graduate and her English friend for some flambé and French wine, a great way to end the trip.
w, this little village is what Euro dreams are made of...sitting on the French/German border, Strasbourg is a Bavarian-influenced gem. It has been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site for good reason. It's a small, walking-friendly village with a petite french quarter by the water, a Gothic looking cathedral of Notre-Dame, and enough European insitutions to give it a "European Capital" distinction. If the eye-candy isn't enough to w
et your appetite try the delicious and traditional flambé tart, a thin crust with creme, onions, and bacon. After the conference, I met up with a former HEEM graduate and her English friend for some flambé and French wine, a great way to end the trip.
1 comment:
You have perfected the French greeting. It is fitting. Such a historic city to master that art, plus experiencing such a historic city.
Post a Comment