
Last night we went to an 80's karaoke party in the Education Department's pub (each department at the University of Oslo has its own pub). A fun night to remind you of the sexy 1980's fashion was, and how many "one-hit wonders" the music scene produced. Imagine a bunch of drunk Norwegians singing, "I'm just a Gigolo" (David Lee Roth) or "I'll survive" (Gloria Gaynor). Our international crew, some of which were dressed to the hilt in Madonna-inspired 1980's gear, sang "Girls just wanna have fun" (Cyndi Lauper) and "It's raining men" (Weather Girls). As bad as it sounds, it was quite a fun evening and a good way to ring in May 1, a National Norwegian holiday that is recognized as "Labour Day".
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun way to welcome in the First of May. Obviously there were no May baskets delivered to your door. We used to do that when I was young. (Of course, that was ages ago.)
Post a Comment