A blast from the past! Spending time in Colorado is always exciting because 1.) it is "home"--where my heart is--and 2.) I get to spend time with all of those people in my life who have known me through some of my best and most awkward moments (i.e. big hair phase in the late 1980's-early 1990's ). The advent of facebook has made reconnecting with old friends much easier. Lost are the days when calling up an old friend by a land line was all the rage. Now, reconnecting is as easy as typing in a name and stepping into the shoes of voyeurism. This y
ear, through the help of facebook, a group of us rebellious high school friends (a.k.a. "Party Brat Pack" (PBP)) convened at a local watering hole for some catch-up time and a few strolls down memory lane. (FIRST PHOTO) Lots of laughs were had and the love within our group was just as strong as those crazy days at Rangeview HS.I also had a chance to reconnect with my youth tennis coach and all of my summer tennis camp buddies (SECOND PHOTO: here is a photo of my childhood tennis buddies: the Weimer kids, Walker kids & Connolly kids).

Then, after a road trip to Arizona, we spent time with another family that I grew up with...the Hlavka's. (THIRD PHOTO: My sis, Cory (the cool chick I always inspired by when growing up) and me.) It does not matter how much time goes by, there will always be a genuine connection with these people who helped shape my youth.
2 comments:
Yo, remind me not to be so spontaneous when a camera is around just in case it is posted all over the internet:) Enjoyed reading your blog. I envy your experiences but at least I get to experience it through you.
Tina
Yes, Stephanie, I hope this picture does not get back to haunt you. It was truly a great gathering and was great seeing all of our friends again. Leasa, you were very lucky to have met up with your HS friends. It would have been fun to have been there. I remember all the great times that many of them spent at our home. Keep in touch with them as the reunions only get better.
Post a Comment