.gif)
Now that I have my own place, I can finally entertain!
Woohoo. I love entertaining! So, I invited all of the ladies in my PhD program to dinner and origami. The main reason for the gathering was to celebrate Stephanie &
JayneFrances passing their final exams (yahoo!) But, I gotta say that the c
.gif)
ombined energy of strong PhD women in one room made for a loquacious evening of exchanging valuable information and connection. All of us women in the program are close to 30-something in years, hence many of us have sacrificed a great deal to be here. We commiserated on the normal "break-downs" and also the "break-
throughs" that are a normal occurrence of pursuing a PhD. Everyone brought salad toppings to create a healthy dinner of champions with red wine on the side. The girl scout cookies, thin mints and
samoas, chaperoned the origami
maki
ng. Despite, many pieces of origami paper in the recycling bin, the ladies went home with jumping frogs, flowers, cranes, ghosts, and smiles on the face.
1 comment:
Sounds fun!!!!!!!It is always great to exchange fellowship with peers. I'm sure you all did it with gusto and lots of laughs. Always good for the soul!!!!!!!
Post a Comment