Ick, that is mold under the (faux and fancy) wood floor in my apartment. As described in an earlier blog post, after my international travels I arrived home to a flooded apartment. The air-conditioner unit had spewed nasty water all over the dining room floor. Lucky me, the cleaning fairy flew in and cleaned the murky water before I got home (thanks, Charlie!) But, we think that the water might have been sitting on the floor for a good 2-3 weeks, hence the mold underneath the wood panels and the bowed wood. Can you imagine the smell?
Ick!The good news is that UGA housing only let one month go by before fixing it. I gotta say...I was rather impressed by this short turnaround. They also fixed the air conditioner unit which is a necessity in this hot box I call home.
2 comments:
Oh, yes, wonderful mold in hot, humid climates. It definitely is a health issue. Hope the new floor helps with the problem. Glad they fixed your air conditioner. Certainly needs that.
Yeah, I am happy that they took care of the mold. They replaced the entire flooring, including the moldy pad underneath the wood panels. I am also happy to report that the AC is working hard to combat this 110 degree heat index.
Post a Comment