The thing I love

about this spring break program is the coupling of both educational and adventurous activities in one tightly packed weekly schedule. There are a few rest breaks, but for the most part it is an intense learning experience while at the serene UGA Costa Rica campus (se

ven days) and then the last two days o

f the trip is spent on the bea

ch.

While on

campus we went on night hikes (saw a tarantula), hiked to a waterfall (while learning all about the flora and fauna), walked to a local coffee farm, toured around, and drank coffee (saw a sloth hanging out in a tree), learned about the medicinal uses of the various flora and fauna, helped with the reforestation project in Costa Rica, in the outdoor classroom attended classes named "plant-o-rama" and "insect-o-rama" (where we attempted to catch butterflies and many of our students got ticks), walked to a locals house for a cooking class


(where I stepped into an ant highway and OUCH!), learned to dance cumbi

a and merengue, tried to milk a diary cow (as the dudette took a BIG dump), and

the students even went on a one-night home-stay with local families.

So, yes...our week on campus was extremely

busy and incredibly educational, not to mention F-U-N. Charlie and I really enjoyed the group of students as they were actually engaged, curious, and on-time, which made our job much easier.
1 comment:
Did you really milk a cow or is that a "setup"? I milked cows for my family's consumption when I was young. No easy task. Looks like your days were packed with various experiinces with beauty all around you.
Post a Comment