Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Santa Comes to Helsinki...
We just so happened to be in Helsinki the same weekend that Santa paid a visit to the big city...lucky us! It was the coldest day so far (-5C) (I was missin' my wool tights) but we managed to keep ourselves warm in the busy Senate Square area as we watched the two minute (no joke) parade with Santa and the Christmas lights be switched on. Woohoo, Christmas is in the air!
Labels:
Finland
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I thought Santa traveled in a sleigh. I quess he had to substitute this time of year. 2 minute parade----Wow, that would have been great. You didn't have to get too cold as you watched it.
Post a Comment