Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Monday, December 17, 2012

The BIG Day: Send & Receive!



Today, I clicked the SEND button and my final dissertation draft (all 200 pages of it) flew through the internet galaxy to land gently in the inbox of four professors. Next stop in this process: my defense January 7, 2013 in Athens, Georgia. Woohoo!

Today, I also picked up my superhusband from the airport and I was filled with emotions when I melted into his arms. We were in different countries for 27 days--way too long! Ah, relief...all around.

It has been a tough two months!

1 comment:

Mama Weimer said...

Yes, I'm sure it was a great relief. We knew you could do it, even though it was long in coming.