Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Monday, April 01, 2013

Woohoo! I Made it Through Round ONE...

27-weeks prego and growing!
The EMA election results for round one are in and WOW...I made it to the final round--woohoo! ALL EMA members across the globe (there are approximately 8,000) had the opportunity to vote via an online voting process. Now, the hard part--convincing 200 active members at the annual assembly to vote for me in the final round even though I cannot be there in person to play the political game. Yep, that is right...I will be 8.5 months pregnant and not able to travel to Barcelona. The chances of me winning are slim, but it is worth a try.

1 comment:

bnsweimer@gmail said...

Congrats you made the list. One would wonder why NOT. I'm sure they will vote you in.