![]() |
| Midnight SUN! |
I was invited to present my dissertation findings at a conference far North in Lapland. So, Charlie and I took this as an opportunity for one last travel adventure before the baby arrives. We took an overnight train to Rovaniemi and then a 2-hour bus to the ski resort town of Levi. A beautiful chalet welcomed us (2 bedroom with kitchen) at Hotel Panorama, perched high on the ski hill.
We arrived a day earlier than the conference began and settled in quite quickly by cooking a few amazing meals and simply relaxing and resting (and sleeping in)..gif)
After making my presentation I realized that this may be (and should be) the last time I present on my dissertation topic. It was time to close this chapter of my life (say goodbye to my dissertation research topic). Very apropos, considering that the Doctoral graduation ceremony at UGA was 10 days prior. Although I was not there in person to endure the pomp and circumstance I was experiencing my own anti-climatic conclusion to an intense 4.5 years of my life. What a nice occasion for such a reflection!
.gif)
1 comment:
What a great place to present and since you love the thought of snow and skiing you were in the right place, although in your condition skiing was not an option. Good to know though that your doctorate was concluded and diploma would be in hand soon.
Post a Comment