One of my favorite books, "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert has a passage that describes my greatest love and everytime I read this passage, it just simply resignates. So, I will share my greatest love with you through the words of Elizabeth Gilbert,"...Traveling is the great true love of my life. I have always felt, ever since I was sixteen years old and first went to Russia with my saved-up babysitting money, that to travel is worth any cost or sacrifice. I am loyal and constant in my love for travel, as I have not always been loyal and constant in my other loves. I feel about travel the way a happy new mother feels about her impossible, colicky, restless newborn baby--I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because it's mine. Because is looks exactly like me. It can barf all over me if it wants to--I just don't care."
And how fitting...because I am traveling to Russia TODAY and wanted to bid you all good-bye. I will return on April 5. Stay tuned for my Russia post. Cheers...
1 comment:
yep, LOVE the book. I actually got to see her in person at the Boulder bookstore a month or so ago. She is marrying the man she found in the end of the book and they are moving to JERSEY of all places!! I also bought the book in paperback and had her sign it...so you can keep your copy. So happy to hear Russia is treating you well. I bet it is different from when dad traveled there...
Post a Comment