Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dreamin' of Colorado, California & Europe!!

I have a few exciting adventures on the horizon and since the light is shining brighter at the end-of-the-semester tunnel...it's time to start thinking about what's next!

So, here is my life for the next 8 months...

May 4: to COLORADO! (QT with family & friends)
May 6-17: Shoshoni Yoga Ashram, Rollinsville, Colorado (yoga, meditation, veggie eats, and lots of mountain time)
May 21: to CALIFORNIA (to hang with my little kid bro on the beach)
May 25: to LA, California (to attend a conference on international education)
May 28: to GEORGIA!
June 1: Take two month-long PhD courses
July 4: to ENGLAND (not only Independence Day for my nation-state, but independence day for ME as I go back to Europe to study at Oxford for 6 months.)
August: travel with my dear friend Ali (the crazy Brazilian!)
September: ESTONIA (to present at an academic conference)
December: to COLORADO! SKI!!!



PHOTOS: Dennis' (a fellow PhD colleague) b-day BBQ.

6 comments:

Ali said...

Oh nice to hear you are traveling with Ali! BTW, where you kids going again?

PLEEEEEEASSEEEEEE woman!! Finish that paper so that we can book it!!!! woohooooooooooooo

About Me said...

By placing YOU on my travel itinerary, I have increased the amount of money you must pay to be my friend. Saying that we are "traveling together" is at least worth 300 euro, don't you think? Pay up sista!

Ha, ha...you know I cannot wait to hang out with my little Brazilian sis. Miss you.

Mama Weimer said...

Too bad you have to sit around and do nothing. Life would be so boring!!!! It's good that you don't have more time, as I would worry about what trouble you could get into. Have a great 8 months.

Ali, "hi" from Colorado. When do you think you would be coming to colorful Colorado? Leasa can't wait to get in trouble with you again and do some traveling. Have fun.

Ali said...

Hello from Spain, Mrs Weimer. I would love to come for a visit! I been hearing a lot about beautiful "Colouradou", in the past 3 years, yet I need permission to get in. As Leasa Maria is coming to this side of the pond again (yey!), she can get in trouble all by herself (ha ha). Trust me, Mrs. Weimer, I am the grown up in this friendship!! =)

About Me said...

Ha, ha...I think Mama Weimer has you pegged Ms. Brazilian bikini (TROUBLE!) It is true I'm coming over to your neck of the woods, but that does not excuse you from visiting Colorado someday. You have to experience the Rocky Mountains...they are incredible!! But, first we need to get you a visa (Fulbright?!)

Maya Simmons (we meet in South Africa) said...

Hey Leasa,

I am so happy to see you are still living the life and traveling. I didn't know you were in GA. I am in Atlanta. When you get back to UGA we should get up. And its such a small world. I actually went to school with a girl in one of the ccok-out/bbq pictures.