I have written this entry about four times only to delete it to and write it again.

I began each former entry by re-hashing the trials and tribulations of my first year of PhD life, and then decided I did not want to live in the past. We have all heard the first year of a PhD program is the hardest. Yes, it was a rough first year. Yes, I questioned living in Georgia. Yes, I spent more time on my computer than what is humanly healthy. Yes, there were times when I wanted to pack up my bags and become a ski bum. But, I am now officially a second-year Doctoral student.
Woohoo! That is worthy of a celebration. And, that is exactly what happened at the end of the year...a BBQ (or what the Southerns call a "cook-out") complete with badminton and hula-hoops and a night of margaritas. SEE PHOTOS. Overall, I have learned a great deal about
PERSEVERANCE and BALANCE. Suck it up and keep going, while taking the time to do things that fill your heart with love.

2 comments:
There should never be a party without marguaritas!!!!! Sounds like there were no chicken enchiladas. Oops!!!!! Well, you certainly got your fill at home. I do understand your feelings about getting your doctorate. In life, what one strives for is never easy. That is what makes it worth it in the end, but you must do what your heart tells you. You'll know when you reach that point.
congrats to you, Leasa! and i'm proud of your understanding of the important cultural distinction between the words "barbecue" and "cookout." the south has taught you well.
Post a Comment