Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Bucket List #36: Become a Yoga Instructor...CHECK!

Shoshoni is a yoga ashram nestled high in the Colorado Rocky Mountains at 9,000 feet. When I lived in Boulder, my dear friends and I used to enjoy weekends escapes to Shoshoni for a little yoga, meditation, and mountain hiking. During these weekend retreats, I discovered how to hold my laughter as we all danced around deities (Hindu gods) with offerings (red umbrella, scarf, peacock feathers, etc.) during evening temple. I also discovered that pedicures are essential when doing yoga. And, finally I discovered that yoga is a pretty sweet addition to my life. My love for yoga continued to grow as I practiced with Wendy at Studio Be in Boulder, and Paula at Om Yoga in Finland. Last summer I decided to take the plunge and begin a 200-hour Yoga Alliance yoga teacher certification program at Shoshoni. I just finished up the last 100 hours while I was in Colorado the last few weeks. Dancing around the deities now has special meaning!

1 comment:

Ali said...

oh well done!!!