Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Ryanair: A SCREAMIN’ Deal!

Ryanair is a cheap, no-frills European airline that I have a special love affair with. Yes, the seats are cramped, the bright yellow seat covers are over-the-top, and the “free-seating” makes for long, pushy lines of impatient people. BUT…it is such a frugal way to travel throughout Europe, you cannot help but smile as you deal with an overall lack of customer service and a no-frills flying experience. The way they make their money is by charging high prices for luggage check-in, food on the plane, ground transportation to/from the major cities, and there is a slight possibility the Irish-based airline will begin charging to use the loo, water-closet, bathroom, toilet or whatever you like to call it. During this three-week sojourn around Europe, I am flying Ryanair.

Here is what I paid (including one bag check-in):

Glasgow, Scotland to Oslo, Norway= $36

Oslo, Norway to Bologna, Italy=$28

Venice, Italy to Paris, France= $24

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy how when the plane lands, everyone claps.

I'm pretty sure it's because they're shocked they made it to their destination alive.

Chris B

Anonymous said...

We should've gotten married so you could take me to all of those places that you travel!!!

Adam Wilson

Mama Weimer said...

Yes, and if there is a sreamin' deal you would find it!!!! I'm thinking I prefer to have a seat assignment, but so much for economics. Looks like a taxi(Yellow Cab) ride from one place to another only much cheaper.