Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

NEW: Oslo Opera House

Oslo has a new Opera House. My review: very modern, linear, and funky (you can walk on the roof...not sure you would want to do that when it is cold and icy in Oslo). It reminds me of the Sydney Opera House that sits right on the harbour, yet the Oslo Opera House does not have the big pillars jetting into the sky. Here are a few photos...I was lucky enough to get a blue sky day. Ah! And, of course they were selling hot Norwegian waffles at the entrance.









1 comment:

Mama Weimer said...

Strange looking building!!!! I'm sure it serves its purpose. A lot of the opera houses tend to be very architecturally different than any buildings around them and present a statement. That is an unique photo of you in the window. I like it.