
Confession: I am a coupon diva! I have stumbled on these coupon websites (
Groupon &
Living Social) offering

screamin’ deals on restaurants, services, and even photography classes. So, I bought a coupon for “
Snapshops”, a two-hour photography class in De

nver (originally $125

discounted to $40). After spending the night at my sister’s house and bidding farewell to Charlie at the airport, I drove back to Denver for the class. We met at a hip coffee shop on Wazee Street and learned the basics of our camera (white balance, ISO, aperture, etc.) The dude teaching the class was the epitome of a Colorado mountain man about my age with

a chill demeanor. He shoots weddings and encouraged us to shoot with a creative eye…instead of shooting a subject head-on shoot from the floor-up or tilt the camera to capture a different angle, shoot close-up to highlight textures, and use the black and white option. Before we knew it the five of us were walking the downtown Denver streets shooting photos of anything that caught our eye. I love a hands-on approach to learning…in fact, I think I learn best through visceral experiences. I managed to get some killer shots of a city that dances in my dreams while mastering all of those buttons on my Nikon. Woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment