Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Comprehensive Exams: Mission Accomplished!

Done. Done. And, done. Having run two marathons, I can now say that I have completed a mind marathon too. Seriously, that was grueling! I averaged about three hours of sleep every night, as my mind did not want to shut down. The last day was similar to the Chicago marathon at mile 23. You just don't think you can go anymore, because your brain feels like mush, when all of a sudden a burst of mind energy allows the wisdom to flow.

I was not alone in this adventure, see the amazing IHE comprehensive exam crew in the photo!

1 comment:

Mama Weimer said...

You all don't look too excited. Ha! All I can say is "CONGRAT-
ULATIONS". What a fine looking crew!!!!! Just think you will all be DOCTORS in the near future.