Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Thursday, December 09, 2010

The Brazilians Come to Dinner


It is always a fun evening when the Brazilians come to dinner. This time around we had two additional Brazilians guests as Chico's parents were visiting. We had a lot to celebrate; just one week earlier Chico successfully passed his Master's concert (he plays the bad-ass bass). Mexican food Americano style (big fat burritos) were served up and a mad game of UNO ensued. I am always so grateful of my international friends because they remind me that this Southern bubble I live in is just a place, not a way of thinking, living or being.

2 comments:

Mama Weimer said...

Add good food and great friends and fun is enjoyed by all.

Ali said...

Isn`t it missing *one* Brazilian in that table!? I totally vote IT IS!!!