akes you through the beautiful national forest in Tennessee and Kentucky before arriving in Cincinnati. Charlie had the drive all planned out, including where we would stop for dinner. The problem was that he had never been on a road trip with me. Thus, he quickly found out NOT to buy me tea or let me drink any sort of liquid beverage, otherwise we would be stopping every 45 minutes to visit the local toilets. Oh, the joys of having a bladder of a small dove! Despite numerous stops, we arrived at a yummy dinner location in Lexington, Kentucky, Alfalfa's. A delicious veggie plate, salad, and soup (woohoo, for a plants-based diet) filled our bellies and we were ready for Ohio.The trip was great; I got a glimpse into the real Charlie as I met all of his childhood buddies and saw where he grew up. We spent a few days with his parents and I even managed to put in a few hours of writing.

Ever since I have known Charlie...he has talked up this amazing "international market", a.k.a. Jungle Jim's, in Ohio.
1 comment:
Glad you had a great trip. It is always an unknown when going to anothers hame and family. I bet you had a great time. Sounds like the trip to and from was right up your alley. Charlie must have make quite an impression on your favorite things.
Post a Comment