Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Costa Rica: Off Campus Adventure





Day four we hopped on a bus and headed into the Monteverde cloud forest reserve for some quetzal viewing (the incredible cloud-forest bird) and then went zip-lining on the Sky Trek. Zip-lining never gets old...this is my third time doing it and once again it was fantastic. But, I gotta say I would choose to do it in no other place than the green, lush, and sometimes wet Costa Rican cloud forest. The vistas are brilliant.

1 comment:

Mama Weimer said...

You are all about "stepping out of the box". Life seems to be a great adventure for you. I'm sure the students love you and the spirit you bring as their sponser.