Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Colorado Lovefest!

I admit it...I am in love with Colorado. Every time I arrive in Colorado my heart sings, "Rocky Mountain High" and every time I leave Colorado my heart stings with sadness. In just a few days I will, once again, experience the latter emotions of leaving the place that I will always call home. This trip home has been sweet in so many ways, especially the time spent with family, friends, and dogs (see photo of my sister Julie and her hubby Dan with Stewie and the new addition Riley). It was also a very important trip because I may not come home for 10 months. While in Colorado, Charlie was doing the same, visiting family and friends, in Ohio. Now we reconvene in Colorado for a serious packing frenzy: two 50-pound bags for 10 months in a very cold place on this earth. Hmmmmmmm, should be interesting!

1 comment:

Mama Weimer said...

Was great having you home. Now we have to communicate via computer. 10 mmonths will be a long time.