Our nice Finnish landlady, Anne, picked us up from the train station in Jyväskylä in a red Volvo. I wish I would have taken a photo of her poor car loaded down with over 320 pounds of luggage. I also wish I would have had a video camera for the serious workout that we experienced at the train station in Helsinki. We could not find the elevator, so instead we carried four 50 pound bags plus our carry on bags down the train station stairs (two flights of stairs) and then back up
two flights of stairs to arrive at our train platform. Comical (and sweaty)! Then, we had to find space for all of this luggage in the train. No sense in attempting to blend in...we stood out like traveling Americans with all of our luggage (see photo).
Anyway, we have arrived! Ah, sweet...look at our front door (see photo). Oh, "Ei Mainoksia, Kittos!"= No advertising, thank you!
1 comment:
Nothing like a great welcome at the train station and again on your front door. You both seem to be celebrities.
Post a Comment