Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

In Helsinki: Time to Get My Research Groove On...

Senate Square...straight ahead.
I am staying in Helsinki this week to get myself prepared for the upcoming wave of research interviews (that will come through at any moment...hopefully!) By the way, I think I chose some of the busiest people in Finnish higher education (Ministry staff and high-level university administration) to interview...or at least that is the rationale I am using for them NOT responding to my email request for interviews. Ah, this is all part of the process...patience! Right now I have ZERO interviews scheduled, but I am confident this will change with time. 
The sunset view from the living room in Helsinki.
My plan for Helsinki:
a.) orient myself to university campuses in the city,
b.) meet up with my Fulbright friends,
c.) finish writing & preparing another grant application,
d.) read, read, read more literature, and
e.) meet with my sponsors at the University of Helsinki. 

1 comment:

Mama Weimer said...

Yes, we all are impatient at times, especially when on time constraints. The letters will come, maybe all at the same time. Boo! 1