

On the train ride from Helsinki to Jyväskylä the rain suddenly turned to snow about 30 minutes before arriving at home sweet home. There is nothing better than traveling by train when the Finnish forest is all dressed up in white. Although it was only a light dusting of snow, the beauty was still captivating. Our first snow in Finland...woohoo! I stepped off the train and all I wanted to do was twirl around like a little kid and catch snowflakes in my mouth. Instead, I walked into the train station and ordered some takeaway food from the BEST Indian restaurant in Jyväskylä,
Shalimar, (yes, located in the main train station). I jumped in a taxi and headed home for a cozy dinner with Charlie. After dinner we walked down to the lake...it was so beautiful, peaceful, and quiet. That is what I love about snow--the absolute feeling of tranquility that is gives me.

Rain is wet and when you walk in it your face looks all smooshy as you try to dodge the raindrops, but snow is light like a feather and it brightens up the gloomiest of nights. I am sure we have many more snowy nights in our future in Finland. Looking forward to them...
2 comments:
So you are waiting for a big snow. I'm thinking you may have more winter than you want. Is that a real snowman? Enjoy!!!!!
Yep, a real snowman! We now live in a perpetual winter wonderland. Woohoo!
Post a Comment