Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

More Research (and Snow) in Helsinki


Another week in Helsinki, I have four interviews scheduled, a doctor's appointment, and meetings with a few of my colleagues--so it should be a  productive week. I arrived on the 19th in the crux of a winter snowstorm. One thing I have realized is that Helsinki has a tougher time dealing with snow compared to Jyväskylä because it is a large dense city and where do you put all of the snow when it falls? In the Sea (1/3 of all snow that falls in Helsinki ends up in the Sea!)--see video.

1 comment:

Mama Weimer said...

Sounds like they do a better job of clearing snow than many of our cities. Main streets get plowed and neighborhood streets don't. One can only hope for lots of sun to melt the snow, which Colorado gets.