The incredible thing about friendship is that it extends borders, cultures, religion, age, and ...(the list goes on). My dear friend, Ali from Brazil, made the long trip from São Paulo to witness our union and participate in a Weimer Christmas extravaganza. I met Ali in 2006 when I first moved to Europe for my masters degree and immediately connected with her and we quickly became international sisters with different mothers. Since then we have been roommates, travel partners, cheerleaders, therapists and editors for each other. It was an honor to have her in Colorado to celebrate such wonderful life events: our marriage, our bun in the oven, and the completion of my dissertation (of which she contributed to as one of my editors).

2 comments:
What a great picture! It was great meeting Ali. We truly enjoyed her as a guest in our home. She is welcome to come back any time. I know it was great for you to have her here, also.
Ohhh I hadn't seen this until now! ohhhhhh how cute! Thanks for having me, it was a true honour to be there and share those memories... it meant a lot. Thanks xxx
Post a Comment