Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Saturday, October 28, 2006

HALLOWEEN- Norwegian Style!
In true Leasa style, I decided to host the pre-party for the Halloween Costume Contest party we would eventually stagger to like the Michael Jackson "thriller" video. The Norwegians don't celebrate Halloween and so when looking for a costume & Halloween snacks, it becomes very difficult. In one day, I walked the city and pieced together a witch costume that would scare the trolls deep in the woods and a few ingredients to make some blood-curdling grub. The pre-party consisted of a pumpkin (yes, I found a true pumpkin), candles, monster munchies, beer, a big bottle of "Vikingfjord" vodka, a gang of pirates (Preet from India, Francois-the French, Jason from Ohio & Greg-the Aussie), an ambrosial devil (Elena from Russia), a walking pumpkin head (Emnet from Ethiopia), and our token Norwegian from Gothic City (Jo). The vodka was drained at the pre-party which resulted in the loss of one of the pirates but the rest of our international coterie danced the night away and closed down the bar at 3 a.m. Woohoo!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Oh Leaserrr!!!!
Am so glad you mad people had loads of fun!!! So bad I missed it, though.

Hope there's teuqila left!!

:))

bnsweimer@gmail said...

Looks like the troops fell for your fun. Now they will know what fun Halloween can be. is there any Trick or Treating on Tuesday. At least gather a little bit of candy. Sounds like The vodka took a victim. Uhhhhh! Glad you carried the fun off. Happy Halloween!!!!!!

About Me said...

Mom, they don't have trick or treating here, let alone Halloween. I had to search high & low to find a simple pumpkin. They are already displaying Christmas decor. I think the Norwegians take their Christmas SERIOUS!!!

jules luvs lattes said...

Looks like you guys had one heckuva fun evening!! Everybody looks maaaaaahvelous! I will be out trick or treating with the little ones on Pearl Street on Tuesday....hopefully some tricks and treats!