Trondheim is a quaint town up north,
with many canals, bridges, and steep streets reminiscent of San Francisco with a pinch of a metropolitan feel. The Nidaros cathedral, dating back to 1300, truly
feels like a real European cathedral...with ornate details, spires, and splendour. My favorite was the 'old town', old colorful wooden houses along the canal and narrow streets and alleys dating back to the Middle Ages. The architecture in old town gives you the distinct feel that you must be in Scandinavia. Love that!Lillehammer...cute, tiny
& NO snow. I may be a little biased but Lillehammer has NOTHING on Breckenridge, Vail, even Keystone. I was expecting delicious ski mountains when all I got was some rain and forested hills. No skiing, bummer! The 1994 Olympics were hosted in Lillihammer. I only stayed here for a quick 3 hours and that was enough to see everything...including the Olympic park. The one thing I
enjoyed about Lillehammer was the feel of small ski town community, they haven't sold their souls to big corporate conglomerates.
1 comment:
Hey Leasa!
I was just in Trondheim for the first time last week. I was really impressed, particularly with the old housing which dominates the city. Its a shame Oslo didn't maintain their old housing to the extent Trondheim has. Im looking forward to going back during the summer.
Good luck in Finland!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment