
After haggling with the second-hand shop owner, I managed to purchase used ice-skates for 2 euros ($2.50 US), which is a spankin' deal!
I think the woman was trying to take me for all she could get, because there was a sign right above the skates that said "2e", but she kept saying 4 euros, I finally showed her the sign and sheacquiesced, all in Finnish without a lick of english.
Today, I went to the outdoor rink with my Italian friend, Andrea from Genova, and we skated until I was a frozen Dorothy Hamill. I now know why the Finns NEED so many saunas. Damn, ice skating is COLD with the cold reverberating from the ice and the cold wind punching you in stomach (as you skate so fast, trying to warm yourself up.)
5 comments:
Who is this Italian friend? He is a cutey! Leasa, making friends with the cute boys from country to country!
I've noticed too... Someone's having a good time, that's for sure...
Isn't that why I'm here...to meet hotties from around the globe? Er, Um, I mean study!
yeah...the Italians know all about hot dishes!!!! He's even a tall Italian..woohoo
Hi!
I am looking for some second hand ice skates in Tampere... Could you tell me in which shop you bought yours?
Thanks!!
Post a Comment