
I have discovered a few favorite places here in Tampere that just makes it feel like home. I travel often but coming home to Tampere is a nice feeling and these connections with the community are important for me. This whole "living abroad" experience has made me realize how meaningful the little things
are...like grabbing a chai in a familiar cafe or walking into the yoga studio and the teacher greeting you with a warm, "Hello!"Wayne's Coffee is my favorite little coffee house, right in the center of Tampere. The chai is frothy, the walls are bright, the owner is friendly; makes for a great place to study.
I have finally found a yoga studio that is just heavenly, Om Yoga. The classes are in Finnish but the teacher, Paula, is great, as she sprinkles the teaching with a just enough english to get me through the class. She has a gentle and flowing style of teaching that makes your mind and
body melt into the yoga mat.Fressi is my gym and the equipment is top-of-the-line, the Finnish people keep me entertained with their bad body alignment and low knowledge of how to properly work the machines, and the classes are...all in Finnish. Every once and awhile I will take a Finnish spinning class and it really becomes my own spinning class because I have no idea what the teacher says...so I improvise and do my own thing. I go mainly for the music!
My favorite eatery, (I will apologize ahead of time for what I'm about to say) and in my opinion the only restaurant worth spending money on in Tampere, is GoPal. This eatery offers a lunch buffet that will make you want more with a flavorful Indian influence and yes, it is strictly
vegetarian.
No comments:
Post a Comment