Where is the BEST TOILET? http://www.thebathroomdiaries.com/

This site rates toilets around the world. What toilet will take the 2007 Golden Plunger award? The photo highlights the best public bathrooms in Moscow, blue outhouses, and you even have to pay to use them! But, the lady who collects the money will clean the plastic seat before you relieve yourself.
UNUSUAL HOTELS around the World http://www.unusualhotelsoftheworld.com/Home.aspxm/Home.aspx
Wanna stay in a cave, an old train car, an old prison, a church, a schoolhouse?
AIRLINE MEALS that satiate or disgust! http://www.airlinemeals.net/
Wanna find out what kind of meal you will be served on your flight? Fellow travelers send in pics of the best and worse airline meals. The airline meal you see here is from our ver
y own FINNAIR and if the airline meals are anything like the food here in Tampere, it's not worth eating. Note to readers: Buy McDonald's before flying FINNAIR! A heart attack is better than this!Do you need to SLEEP in the AIRPORT? http://www.sleepinginairports.com/
Do you have a late night flight & early a.m. connection? Forget a hotel, sleep in the airport. This site rates the BEST & WORST airport sleeping options including pictures of seats.
Where is the best place to SIT on the AIRPLANE? http://www.seatguru.com/
Choose your airplane seat carefully by checking out this site. Select airline, airplane and then a nifty seating chart will appear with good and poor seat suggestions. I think my dad and sis enjoyed their seats to Italy (see "sleeping beauties" photo).

Stay in a HOSTEL! http://www.hostelz.com/ The premier site for booking and honest reviews!
Hotel REVIEWS! http://www.tripadvisor.com/ I use this site to look at honest reviews for hotels, B&B's and even hostels. There is also a good travel forum. Word of caution...look elsewhere before you book lodging on this site, I think it is over-priced.
Travel with only ONE BAG! http://www.onebag.com/
The author of this site is an engineer and he will teach you the magic of "bundle-wrapping" your clothes. Brilliant tips & offers a packing list too!
What shall I PACK? http://upl.codeq.info/
This site does it all except pack your bags. All you do is fill in a template about your trip and a magical packing list will appear in a matter of seconds. You will never forget your toothbrush again!
No-frills, CHEAP EURO AIRLINES! http://www.euroflights.info/
See a list of all the dirt cheap airlines in Europe and what airports they fly to.
And this site looks up the airfares on the cheap carriers within Europe http://www.skyscanner.net/
Find a SECRET PLACE to stay! http://www.secretplaces.com/ This site lists "off the beaten path" places to stay in Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, and Morocco.
EUROPEAN HIKING! http://www.oranginas.nl/index_bestanden/page0055.html
A great resource for those that like to lace up their hiking boots.

EURO HOTEL reviews! http://www.eurocheapo.com/ Reviews of cheap hotels...like a lonely planet on-line.
Universal Currency Converter! http://www.xe.com/ucc/ This is the site I use to convert the U.S. dollar and get depressed.
World maps! http://www.justmaps.org/
Need to find a good map of the country you are traveling to...check this one out!
Forget the hotel stay on a COUCH! http://www.couchsurfing.com/
Locals host traveler's on their couch. A cheap way to really immerse yourself into the local culture.
Airfare search sites:
CLICK AIR http://www.clickair.com/view/default.aspx?lang=2
MOBISSIMO http://www.mobissimo.com/search_airfare.php
EXPEDIA http://www.expedia.com/
TRAVEL CUTS (student airfare) http://www.travelcuts.com/
For those who live the U.S. here is a website you want to bookmark! http://www.airfarewatchdog.com/
Other links with great travel sites:
Rick Steves...ok, he is kind of annoying but this webpage has a comprehensive list of travel websites all over europe. VERY GOOD! http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/links_menu.htm#budget
Do you have other useful or just plain zany websites to add??? ADD TO COMMENTS!!
5 comments:
Awesome! One bag... it's the way to go! So there are communal troughs for women in China? I mean, geometrically, how does that... well... I'm sure it's great.
Thanks Leasa. There's this great journal called "Izon's Backpacker Journal" which I found on sale back home in 2004. I never traveled before that, but as if I knew, I bought it and several months later, I learned I was going to Norway.
I am not sure how updated this journal is but it has a list of websites, things to pack, and anecdotes from travelers on every page / cultures that they found, well, different. The best part is it is, of course, a journal, and you create your own stories. I’ve always preferred WORDS (i.e. writing) but I tried just sticking stuff for sometime. It actually worked. My Izon’s journal is now almost full and thick because of boarding cards, train tickets, postcards, receipts, etc. etc. on every page. More pictures/memories, few words. Just looking at it makes me happy.
Just FANTASTIC! A web site devoted to the World's best toilets. What a good laugh!! Thanks Leasa!
Found another one... http://thelmaandlouise.com/
For all of the ladies who like to travel, you can find travel partners and spankin' deals on lady-like travel.
Flight search engine, worth checking: www.skyscanner.com.
Terve, Carlos
Post a Comment