Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA. The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
The BEST Superbowl Commercial...
Ok, for those of you that are not from the U.S., I would like to share a little American culture. AMERICAN FOOTBALL! As, you probably know American football is all the rage in the U.S. and it brings people of all backgrounds together on Saturday (college games) and Sundays (national league games). The National Football League (NFL) is the 32 major league that plays on Sunday. If I had to put my loyalty in one team it would have to be the Denver Broncos because that is the hometown team for Colorado, and they have sassy blue and orange uniforms. However, I must admit...I'm not a big football fan, but I like the parties. The Superbowl is the BIG game of the year, which was just played this past Sunday, where the 2 teams with the best record play each other. The Superbowl, for many, is almost as important as a national holiday. There are lavish parties and a trip to the grocery store is like being in the football stands, with everyone psyched up,wearing their football jerseys, and buying potato chips and hot dogs.
But, I think the best part of the Superbowl are the commercials. Yes, the commercials! Listen, A LOT of money (2.7 million U.S. dollars per 30 second spot) goes into these commercials, as they are one of the hottest 30 second advertising spots a company can buy. Yes, ridiculous, I know...consequences of capitalism. Here is my favorite, because it just made me laugh out loud, and it says a great deal about masculinity in the U.S. The other commercial that was in the running, was from Doritos.
"Quick, do something manly!" -from the Snickers commercial
I didn't see this commercial. Wow!!! I like the one about the baby and Stock trade. I enjoyed the game the most. "Eli is the man". Many games are a blowout, but this game kept us all in suspense until the last few seconds, 35 to be exact. Maybe the Broncos will make it again in the near future. We can all hope.
1 comment:
I didn't see this commercial. Wow!!! I like the one about the baby and Stock trade. I enjoyed the game the most. "Eli is the man". Many games are a blowout, but this game kept us all in suspense until the last few seconds, 35 to be exact. Maybe the Broncos will make it again in the near future. We can all hope.
Post a Comment