
On Super Tuesday I pressed the "submit" button on the computer in the University of Oslo library yesterday and a rush of excitement came over me. I was part of a network of U.S. expats (U.S. citizens living abroad) who made history! This year, for the first time EVER, U.S. citizens living abroad had an opportunity to vote ON-LINE in the U.S. presidential primary race. Makes me wanna say, wOOt! I didn't think I would be able to vote in the primaries and my motto is...'if you don't vote, you don't have the right to bitch about your government', which would have made me a hypocrite, as I often find faults with the current U.S. government! However, I do have hope with some of the candidates that are still left standing.
'If you don't vote, you don't have the right to bitch about your government!'Th
is Presidential race is breaking down barriers, not only with the use of technology
for those of us concerned U.S. citizens living abroad, but also because it is the first time a woman, an African-American, a mormom, and a pastor have evermade it this far in the race. Who would have ever thought I would possibly
be
voting for a woman or an African-American? Damn, all I can say is
...that is Awesome! Plus, this race is important because we need a good replacement for the futile president that is running our country into the ground.Wednesday a.m. I attended an American b-fast, hosted by the U.S. Embassy, Democrats Abroad, and Republicans Abroad at the Hard Rock Cafe in Oslo. Over 200 people attended the event and a mock election was conducted. Obama took the race, and Hillary was slightly trailing behind. McCain led the Republican race but only with 10% of the total vote. Norwegian ex-pats LOVE Obama!
1 comment:
Knowing you I can immagine your excitement in taking part in this event in a foreign country. Yes, it is a historical group running as candidates. We look forward to a change. Hopefully, to the better.
Post a Comment