I have *officially* moved 7 times in 2 years, now I can self-profess as a packing and moving expert! After all, isn't that what we all truly to aspire to be someday (to pack up our materialistic crap and move it from one c
orner of the world to the next)? Despite the skills and knowledge gained in this area it never seems to get easier. However, I have learned that setting up house, specifically my bedroom, is the best thing I can do to make it feel like home.So, after dropping my dad off at the Atlanta airport (which was a harrowing 1.5 hour drive through the Atlanta highway traffic), I made my way to Ikea. Ikea is a huge warehouse of household goods; everything from wok frying pans, to bamboo plants, to beds. And, all three of these items ended up in one of the two shopping carts I tried to maneuver gracefully through the crazy Ikea crowds. After 4 hours, I cashed out at the cash register and found myself a bit engrossed, yet nostalgic, in the Swedish food section as I bought Scandinavian waffle mix, laks (salmon), and Swedish cinnamon rolls.
The Ikea bed came in 3 boxes with about 50 million different pieces and a
20 page "easy-to assemble (for people that played with legos during their childhood)" booklet. I must admit I grow quite impatient when I have to become an engineer. I was never a lego kind of kid, I was a Ken & Barbie kid! So, after 4 hours...and a few mantras of, "screw this" and "you can do it, unscrew and try again"...the bed was assembled! Note to self: next time do not drop dad at the airport before assembling IKEA furniture. The brilliant news is that it didn't break in half as my tired, and otherwise flustered body timidly climbed on the bed. Thank goodness!
20 page "easy-to assemble (for people that played with legos during their childhood)" booklet. I must admit I grow quite impatient when I have to become an engineer. I was never a lego kind of kid, I was a Ken & Barbie kid! So, after 4 hours...and a few mantras of, "screw this" and "you can do it, unscrew and try again"...the bed was assembled! Note to self: next time do not drop dad at the airport before assembling IKEA furniture. The brilliant news is that it didn't break in half as my tired, and otherwise flustered body timidly climbed on the bed. Thank goodness!
1 comment:
Your bedroom looks quite "homey". Those "easy to assemble" items alawys take masterminds and PATIENCE. You wonder who wrote the instructions. You did it though and it looks wonderful. Looks like a big room with space to move around. Nice big window!!!!
Post a Comment