Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

My First Day in Oxford!

After one year of trying to sort out life in the Southern region of the U.S., I find myself at total ease moving back to Europe. I have many fond memories of living in Europe and I anticipate that the next six months in Oxford will add to my adoration for the European quality of life. On Sunday, I arrived in Oxford, with about 33 undergraduate UGA students in tow. As we drove up to the medieval spires and meticulous green lawns of Trinity College, pure excitement (mixed with jet-lag) washed over me. I'M HERE!

Since the summer program is so large, the overflow of students live in Trinity College, where the rest of us live in the posh UGA-owned house, complete with a shiny red front door (SEE PHOTO above). After dropping off the 33 students, a cab--with the steering wheel on the right side of the car--dropped me off at my new diggs in the beautiful English manor house. I, along with another Graduate Resident (James), will live in the house with 20 UGA undergraduate business school students, as we both work on our own research. As I stepped into my quaint, sunlight bedroom (SEE PHOTO here), I could not wait to unpack and make myself at home. This is a good sign of things to come...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Leasa! I'm sorry that I wasn't around to say goodbye. It's because I know you'll have a great time, and I'll see you again in no time at all. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Mama Weimer said...

The building does look very inviting and beautitul. Yes, the red door adds character. Your room looks very sunny, warm, and comfy. Having meals cooked for you would be my love for the place. It probably won't be all your kind of food, but one makes due. I'm sure you will find a home there since you love Europe.

About Me said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

wow!so excited to know that you are back to Europe, dear Leasa!
Yana

Sam said...

ok so finally i get my answer, you're at trinity!? nice. i forgot to come back to this blog and im so glad i remembered, you're in britain!!! YAY!