Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Limited Internet is Killing me Softly!

The technological infrastructure in South Africa is not what it is in the U.S. I guess it has made me realize:

1.) How reliant I am and addicted to internet at my fingertips NOW, NOW, NOW!
2.) How fortunate (or unfortunate) we are in the U.S. to have instant internet gratification.
3.) How much my life relies on internet (communication with friends, family, loved ones back home), blogging (both personal and business), booking travel, keeping up with news, and facebook.

So, for four weeks I will do my best to deal with spotty and otherwise obsolete internet access. If I get behind on blogging...you know why!

1 comment:

Mama Weimer said...

Bummer!!!!!!! That's all I can say.