My parents made the trek from Colorado to visit this place I call (temporary) home. I am sure their visit had nothing to do with the fact that my little kid brother is now living three hours away from me...sarcasm intended. Anyway, we had a nice visit, despite the fact that I was still on parasite meds and could not partake in margarita heaven at my father's favorite BYOB Athens eatery, Cali n Tito's. Unfortunately, my parents visit also coincided with the worse of my illness...loose bowels and an upchuck extravaganza. Ick! Luckily, my parents are very easy-going and so just hanging around the house was good enough for them. Oh, and the weekend trip to visit my brother was probably a welcomed break from the house of ill. My father booked a 6 a.m. flight back to Colorado (oops, he thought
he booked the 6 PM flight)...so, the last night we stayed in a hotel near the airport. Now when I say "near" I almost mean on the airplane runway. Seriously, the hotel (or shall I call it properly by its name--the Days Inn) shook every time an airplane would take off/land. Word to the wise...don't go cheap on airport hotels, otherwise you may find yourself sleeping on the runway too. Regardless of all of the crazy memories of this trip (that we will look back on and laugh about) it is always a gift to spend time with my parents. I am very grateful to have such flexible and loving parental units. You are the best!!
1 comment:
Thanks, Leasa, we love you, also. The whole trip was enjoyed immensely by the two of us. We love spending time with our children. They are all such a joy!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment