Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Sunday, July 03, 2011

I Heart Schiphol Airport!

In the past two weeks I have spent a good amount of time in the Schiphol airport. It has been my home-base from Cape Town, Budapest, Haarlem, Sneek, and Brussels. I have come to know and love this airport. But, before I say goodbye to my home-base and fly to Chicago to reunite with my superboyfriend, I must honor the great Schiphol...

Top TEN reasons to fly through Schiphol:

1.) Plenty of shops (including H&M, Esprit, Mexx), supermarkets, and even a Starbucks.
2.) Free wireless internet for one hour. Brilliant!
3.) You can buy train tickets here and there is a train station right in the basement level of the airport.
4.) They sell lots of tulips...great eye-candy.
5.) The people working at the pharmacy are very helpful, even when you are coughing up a lung.
6.) A tourist information shop will help you with all of your travel needs and questions.
7.) The bathrooms are big enough to fit one BIG roller and one small roller inside your stall, with enough room to close the door.
8.) The KLM people are nice enough to give you a FREE toiletry kit if your luggage is lost (I know this from experience!)
9.) Lay your camera down on the floor and you get some great photos, as well as some fun banter with people walking by.
10.) Any language, you are bound to hear it spoken somewhere in Schiphol.

1 comment:

Mama Weimer said...

This airport seems to have met everyones every need. It's probably not as big as some and is easier to get around. You found it to meet your needs. Sure hope you got meds to help you feel better.