Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

This is NOT a Commercial...

If you are an avid international traveler from the U.S. and enjoy parsimonious travel deals continue reading this entry. The Capital One VentureOne Rewards card is the best to travel with IF you plan to pay it off monthly. This lovely credit card gives you rewards ($1.25 for every dollar you spend), NO annual fee, NO foreign transaction fees (you know those pesky 1-3% fees that credit card companies charge on top of the purchase price). I did some math on my travels to South Africa and Europe this past summer and I paid close to $100 in foreign transaction fees. Ouch! Give the big credit card companies your middle finger and switch to Capital One...and don't forget to pay off your bill monthly (otherwise, this really is not the best credit card for you). Oh, and I almost forgot to mention another cool aspect of this card...you can choose the photo that appears on the card. The card above is actually a mock-up of my credit card, I took the photo during a trip with my parents to the stunning Maroon Bells mountains near Aspen, Colorado.

1 comment:

Mama Weimer said...

Wow, that is a beautiful pic on your precious card. Trick is to pay it off monthly. You are right on that one. Enjoy!!!!