Our research group at the Finnish Institute of Educational Research, Education and Social Change, gathered for a summer boat trip Monday afternoon. Jussi, the professor and leader of the research group, is passionate about boating and to no surprise he owns a boat. We met at the harbor at 1 p.m. climbed aboard Jussi's vessel and we were off to explore the second largest lake in Finland, Lake Päijänne. I have walked and ice-skated on the lake, swam in the lake, and I even rode my bike over the lake, but never have I boated on the lake. Another first and a totally new perspective! I had no idea what was beyond the water that disappeared into the forest, but now I know--more lake and forest (beautiful!) The nature here is so untouched and pristine, I love it! Our destination was about 1.5 hours away where we picnicked and enjoyed the sunny weather. A great trip!
Here is the boat trip email invitation: "The idea of the boat trip is to go to Mämminiemi and have something to
drink and to eat there. I will bring coffee and cookies and some beers
with me in the boat. If you would like to have something else, please
take it with you. I would also like to remind you
that there is always wind in the lake. Please take some warm/wind
resistant clothes with you. You may also swim in Mämminiemi if water is
not too cold for you... so bring your swimming clothes if you are
willing to enjoy this summer water activity."
.gif)
1 comment:
Another great adventure! The hits just keep coming. I can truly see how you love your life. Keep up the thrills!
Post a Comment