Good news! Our residence permits were extended until June 2013. Woohoo. That means we can legally live and work in Finland for another year. In June, they began a new permit system where you receive a card (with fancy holograms and the Finnish coat of arms) rather than a paper permit in your passport. We found out very quickly that this new card does not serve as an ID--as discovered when the bank clerk told us that we needed a "real ID".
Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Finnish Residence Permits X-tended!
Good news! Our residence permits were extended until June 2013. Woohoo. That means we can legally live and work in Finland for another year. In June, they began a new permit system where you receive a card (with fancy holograms and the Finnish coat of arms) rather than a paper permit in your passport. We found out very quickly that this new card does not serve as an ID--as discovered when the bank clerk told us that we needed a "real ID".
Labels:
Finland
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, I have been reading your Facebook entries and I surmised that you needed more ID. One step at a time. Right!!!
Yes, but we are not really keen to rush out and pay another 50euro for an ID card to fatten up our already phat wallets. I have six "ID"s (two Universities, two insurance cards, passport, drivers license)and I really think that is enough to indicate that YES, I am Leasa.
Post a Comment