Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Sunday, July 08, 2012

Our New Home!

We LOVE our new apartment, the natural light, sauna and washing machine in the bathroom, and the office with a proper work space makes it feel like home. One week after moving in and we are finally unpacked and settling in. Here are some photos:

Front door and plenty of hanging space for our coats and a shoe rack. The hallway leads to an extra bathroom and the superawesomesauce office.
Our big kitchen with one freezer and one refrigerator, and a dishwasher (this is a luxury item for us), oh and I cannot forget to mention the Marimekko tablecloth. We love how it opens up to the living room--even though you cannot tell from this photo.
Spare bedroom for little kids (and our visiting friends). Wanna visit?
Living room and one superhusband chillin' on the couch.
The main bathroom with washing machine, shower, toilet, sink, and sauna (yeah!)
Sauna! Ah...
Shower and sauna. Do you think I took enough photos of the sauna?

The tranquil bedroom with a piano (chopsticks anyone?)
Office and yoga studio all in one. A great space for dissertation writing!

2 comments:

Mama Weimer said...

You definitely have more space in this place. You, also, have a great outdoors area. Enjoy! I'm sure you will love the sauna come this winter. I find it strange that you have a washing machine but no dryer. Can't have everything I suppose. Maybe the dishwasher makes up for it.

About Me said...

It is pretty typical to not have a dryer. Instead they have dryer rooms (a big room with lines for clothes and a big blower).