Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Nobel Laureate Prizes! Hey all...can you believe all 4 prizes (medicine, physics, chemistry & economics) that have been announced so far have been awarded to professors from the USA?! Unbelievable! It certainly begs the question; is USA the knowledge capital of the world? The Nobel Peace Prize will be announced on Friday the 13th, here in Oslo. It is a HUGE event! I will try to get photos...
FUN FACTS:
Did you know only 33 women have been awarded, 731 men.
In 1915, the youngest laureate was awarded, 25 years old!
2 Nobel Laureates have declined the prize.
Photo: The Nobel Peace Prize Center in Oslo & one of many Vigeland's statues, bearing it all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing opportunity - to see the Peace Prize awarded!

Anonymous said...

thanks for finding out about the peace prize announcement! i want to go see it too!

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Leasa! Im really impressed!

About Me said...

For those that are interested...the Nobel Peace Prize will be announced on Friday at 11 a.m. There will be a live feed in the Peace Center by Aker Brygge. Ali & I are going FOR SURE...let me know if you would like to come along. Leasa

Anonymous said...

Can I go with you?

Anonymous said...

I have been reading about the candidates. You will be able to experience the finals. No blueberries. The raspberries look good. Raspbewrry muffins. Yummmm!
MOM

About Me said...

MOM...I'm so proud of you...you posted a comment. You are definitely becoming a techy. Love, Light and many hugs...Leasa Marie