Dog-sledding safari & overnight lappish hut adventure...like nothing I have ever experienced!Ashley (my friend from Colorado) & I continued our adventure up north in a doggy-dog world. The 2-day trip for 1,300 SEK ($185US) was much cheaper than staying at the ice hotel and much more adventurous than sipping v
odka from an ice cup.
odka from an ice cup.Top 10 things to do on an overnight dog-sled trip with Ash & Leasa:
1.)
Learn how to dog-sled
and set up dogs on sled.2.) Drive a snow-mobile!
3.) Chop wood to keep the huts warm (or at least try-see video)
4.) Sled (or sledge if you're euro) like mad-divas...
5.) Eat rudolph the reindeer (even if you don't eat red meat, come on...it's only 10% fat.)
7.) Sleep in a (heated) lappish hut (see video).9.) Cross country ski...ah!
10.) Drive the dog-sled into a brilliant sunset.


5 comments:
Leasa, I knew you wouldn't kiss the reindeer but eat it instead (I find it actually good myself ):-D I AM ENVIOUS as when I went to Finnish Lapland it was 20+ C and only got disappointed because in my quest for Santa, I found out that there are two of them. Enjoyed the "Who let the Dog's out?" video, will check out the rest!
Wow Leasa!! It sounds like you had a great time! I loved the video of you chopping wood. Classic. Everything you did seemed so interesting and full of adventure. You are making memories that will last a lifetime.
So did it taste like chicken? The reindeer? And that happy dance... you from A-Town? Because that was kind of a Martha Stewart happy dance. Show that soul, sista. Drop it like it's hot next time!!
Did you drive the dogs? That looked pretty awesome!
Ah Leasa, I had to watch the video because I miss you so much! What a trip...what a life...what a smile. Looks like you are having the best time. - Christy Parker
Yeah, as a non-red meat eater...the reindeer was something to be desired. Everyone around me was drooling as they ate it and just licking their chops after every bite and saying things like, "This is heaven, it's so savory." I just bit my tongue and every swallow was pure pain. It was great! You should try reindeer.
Post a Comment