Searchin' for the meaning of "higher education" in such places as Finland, Oxford, Portugal, South Africa, and Athens, Georgia, USA.
The (mis)adventures of academia, travel, culture, and the best cup of tea.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Are you wearing an EYE MASK??

So, here is a typical poetic day in Tampere, May 22, 2007.

Temperature: High 16 (60F)/low 9 (48F)

Sunrise: 4:21 AM

Sunset: 22:24 (10:24 PM)

Eye Mask Haiku's
To shield the sunlight
pink mascara stained eye mask
protect sleepy eyes

61 latitude
4 a.m. relentless sun
eye masks rock my world

5 comments:

fanatic4u2 said...

My eye mask is my best friend. I have two just in case I misplace one. Now, if I could only do something to stop the kids outside from screaming, okay playing, at 7:00 in the morning, then I would be great!!

About Me said...

Kristi, You should try to write a haiku about your eye mask, it will make you feel so much better about the love you feel for it...and then maybe the kids will stop screaming too. Because haiku's are magical like that...

fanatic4u2 said...

As suggested... here is my haiku!!

If only my mask
could drown out the sounds of kids
then life would be great

Let's hope this works!! = )

The Gaslight House said...

Leasa, I like the idea of a magical haiku, it is like clapping to say we believe in fairies so that Tinkerbell will live :-)

Since I neither have an eye mask nor thick curtains (!), I will write about the long daylight (in my country we have the almost consistent and boring 6am to 6pm of daylight). Two weeks ago I woke up and thought, “what happened, there’s sun as early as 1:35am now?” Turned out it was already 7am that time; really difficult to tell!

Sunrise is at one
Shocked with the clock and groggy,
But ‘twas the wrong hand.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit.... sometimes I wear earplugs....my girlfriend thinks they are the most un-sexy things on earth.

:-)