
On July 4, 1776 a bunch of dudes signed the
Declaration of Independence liberating the 13 American colonies from the Kingdom of Great Br

itain. Today,

July 4th is a federal holiday in the U.S. which means a day off of work (woohoo, for those who have a job, despite the terrible U.S. economy) for fireworks, parades, barbeque's, concerts, and ba

seball. In true American spirit, my parents and I went to one of the free concerts featuring the
Denver Municipal Band. The band was playing in one of my favorite parks in Colorado, Washington Park, a large and beautiful park, in a trendy neighborhood in the capital of Colorado, Denver. I used to live in this neighborhood for a few years so the memories came gushing into my raw and otherwise culture shocked brain, as the crowd proudly waved their U.S. flags to the patriot songs. I actually felt patriotic, especially as the veterans stood up to be honored. You see...I am starting to see some of the nicer things about my culture...like a free concert on an incredible summer evening. Another great thing...Americans like it BIG...which means the fireworks show was epic! And you never get tired of the Colorado sunsets!
2 comments:
This was great fun and fireworks added to the splendor. Leasa you didn't mention the great Portapotty. That was a disaster!
Right, the port-a-potty! This was the most incredibly disgusting port-a-potty experience. The toilet was overflowing with urine and feces. Imagine holding on for dear life as you hover over an overflowing toilet. Everytime you deposited more liquid into the toilet, more fluids would flow out over the toilet onto the floor where I stood with my flip-flops on tippy toes. What an experience!
Post a Comment