
I am heading west to ski under the Colorado blue sky and hang with some of my favorite people (and animals) in the world, including Raven the kitty cat. I will be back to Athens March 15 to finish up what is hopefully my last fully loaded semester of coursework.
After arriving at Denver International airport (see photo) and entering the train to baggage claim, a group of three women in their 60s, with beautiful white-gray hair and freshly painted lipstick, walked into the train. You could not help but turn your attention to them, as they donned premium straw cowboy hats, brown suede vests with khaki pants. With an angelic voice, one woman greeted all of us on the train, "Welcome to Colorado!" Another woman genuinely asked, "May we help you with any information about the airport, where to pick up your luggage, or car rental?" A few people took them up on their offer for help. I just stood there with a big smile on my face and in my heart. Welcome home!
2 comments:
Yes, she tried to get me to volunteer my efforts at DIA, but I will leave that to others.
Mom, I am telling you...you would be great!
Post a Comment